In 2015 the Tories and City Independents took control of Stoke-on-Trent council in a grubby stitch-up that ignored the votes of Stoke-on-Trent’s residents.
Together over the last four years they have wreaked havoc on our city. It’s time to put a stop to this on May 2nd.
FIVE signs Stoke-on-Trent is a council in crisis:
- FAILURE of Children’s Services has ‘left children at risk of serious harm’.
- BRUTAL cuts of up to £200 million to your council services.
- SPLASHED £63 million from ‘rainy day pot’ reserves to plug holes in their budget.
- SCHOOLS bursting at the seams amidst £3 million slashed from eduction in our city.
- RECKLESS plans to put green spaces at risk of development.
Stoke-on-Trent is a city with a proud heritage and a bright future. Ours is the city that created beauty around the world and powered the industrial revolution. Our City’s people work hard, play fair and have an immense pride in the place we all call home.
We deserve better than this Conservative and City Independent-led coalition of chaos.
Vote Labour on Thursday 2nd May to rebuild Stoke-on-Trent for the many.
We will review millions spent on private consultants, freeze increases to senior councillor allowances, and give greater priority to the Council’s audit committee to review finances.
Vote Labour on Thursday 2nd May to put Stoke-on-Trent back on the right track.