Stoke-on-Trent is a city with a proud heritage and a bright future. Ours is the city that created beauty around the world and powered the industrial revolution. Our City’s people work hard, play fair and have an immense pride in the place we all call home.
Each promise in this manifesto is designed to improve the lives of every person in the City. Our focus is, and always will be, the people we represent in Stoke-on-Trent.
Put simply – our promise to you is a Council that works for everyone in Stoke-on-Trent.
Our pledges to you:
- Rebuilding our economy: Creating hundreds of apprenticeships and encouraging investment through business rates relief.
- Rebuilding our towns: Building hundreds of new homes each year and freezing car parking charges to boost our town centres.
- Rebuilding our environment: Cracking down on litter & fly-tipping, scrapping the Conservative Rat Tax and charges for waste disposal.
- Rebuilding our roads: Investing £25 million to fix roads, tackle potholes and deal with blocked gullies and drains.
- Rebuilding our public transport: Ending rip-off fare rises and rebuilding our bus network.